Best Practices in Coding Microservices
1. Select the best suitable language to code.
4. Node JS
Transforming for Innovation and Sustainability securing future competitive advantage
2. Reduce the number of lines of code through partitioning the Microservice code base
1. Route and Operation Management partition
2. Connectivity Management partition
3. Utility Server Partition
How can partitioning the Microservice code base reduce the number of lines of code?
Frequently Asked Questions
3. Add logs
4. Other best practices in coding microservices
1. Comment wherever it is necessary and document important information
2. Test your code and handle the errors
3. Make the codebase consistent
4. Do not hard code
5. Use descriptive names for functions and variables
Following the above practices will help you to code microservices easily and efficiently. It is mandatory to keep using these practices as each microservice owns a data model and handles its own data. A break or discontinuation of one microservice will not affect all the functionalities of the application. But not using the best coding practices will result in complexities and slow the entire application. Contact us for additional support in the best practices in coding microservices.