Cloud Governance Solutions
- There was no cloud visibility on what cloud services were used or which their cloud service providers were. Each business unit subscribed to different services in silos.
- There were security loopholes due to the presence of unauthorized cloud activities.
- Although there’s a policy to store data in a specific way, no one is following it.
- Their cloud subscription bill came out too high.
It didn’t take us to long to identify what was missing: cloud governance. So, what’s governance for the cloud and why do you need it?
What Is Governance in the Cloud?
Governance in the cloud is a type of framework that governs how cloud services can be used. It covers technology, processes, and people as well as improves cost management, data security, and deployment acceleration. You can use cloud governance to regulate and control the use of cloud services by specifying policies, standards, and processes to be complied with for strategizing, on-boarding, overseeing, and handling cloud services.
Governance in the cloud resolves cloud challenges by adhering to the following.
- Specifies a process that must be followed while working with a cloud service.
- Implements a cloud mechanism by enforcing policies for cloud services.
- Implements a monitoring mechanism to review cloud usage. The leadership gains a view of the present cloud charges, and receives an alert after the limit ends.
Transforming for Innovation and Sustainability securing future competitive advantage
Why You Need Cloud Governance?
When your organization relies on the cloud, it’s necessary to comply with certain rules. Usually, they are linked to data security and personal privacy and can vary based on your sector. These rules are similar to the ones that you comply with while running with an on-premises IT infrastructure. However, the landscape is different, and according to Forrester, thus you need to understand the best practices in cloud governance solutions for stakeholders.
CCT’s Cloud Governance Offering
At this point, you must have recognized the importance of cloud governance for your organization. Whether you have an Azure or AWS cloud infrastructure, CCT can provide tailored governance solutions. We provide solutions supported by the trusted and credible SLAs and can adapt as per your requirements.
Our cloud custodians can determine the best strategy to make sure that existing and new processes conform to the IT governance policies. Besides, from tracking your cloud spend and finding areas that could benefit from cloud savings, we provide the following governance in the solutions.