The privacy of a business and individuals is crucial for efficient operations, and it is not possible without the employment of cyber software. For protecting your applications, systems, and network from cyber attacks and threats, effective cyber security tools are a necessity. They prevent identity theft as well as unauthorized data access, making your operations safe and sound. Cyber security comprises of different parts, namely:
- Operational security
- Disaster recovery
- Network security
- Information security
- Application security, etc.
The different types of cyber threats that render your operations vulnerable to cyber issues and problems include:
- Social engineering
- Ransomware, etc.
The different types and categories of cyber security tools include:
- Testing for penetration
- Detection management services
- PKI services
- Antivirus software
- Packet sniffers
- Wireless tools for network defense
- ncryption tools
- Monitoring tools for network security
The Best Cyber Security Tools
Here is a list of the most popular, efficient, and effective cyber security tools and resources that help you deploy a superior security system.
Wireshark network protocols analyzer has a standard three-pane packet browser that offers offline analysis and has the ability to perform live capture. It supports NetBSD, Solaris, FreeBSD, Linux, Mac, and Windows. This cyber software is free and is best for educational institutions, government agencies, non-profit enterprises, and even for commercial use. It allows you to monitor the activities of your network and provides detailed information about them. You can export Wireshark’s output in plain text, CSV, PostScript, and XML. It also provides decryption aid and support for various protocols.
- The files captured with gzip can easily be decompressed with it.
- You get access to powerful and efficient display filters.
- Hundreds of platforms get deeply and thoroughly inspected with this cyber software.
It lives by its name, which is Center for Internet Security, as it provides various memberships, services, and tools that perform efficient cyber security. It offers effective components that can resolve specific threats and issues within specific platforms, in addition to providing general security to your organization. It is a great tool for small as well as large businesses, such as managed service providers, cloud, hosting, IT consultants, and product vendors.
You can purchase CIS Services and CIS Hardened Images with a pay-per-use policy. Through a paid subscription, you can use CIS SecureSuite, and the free-for-everyone CIS software includes CIS Benchmarks, CIS Controls, CIS-CAT Lite, CIS RAM, and CIS CSAT.
- It offers Incident response services and 24*7 security operation centers.
- Automated assessment feature is included in CIS_CAT Lite.
Malicious websites, ransomware, and malware do not stand much chance against Malwarebytes. It supports Chromebook devices, iOS, Android, Mac, and Windows and provides security against online threats that are advanced and go past antivirus without being detected. It is great for personal as well as business use. For healthcare, finance, and education industries, it offers solutions in the form of services and products, like incident response and Endpoint security, etc.
Businesses can extract solutions pertaining to their requirements, such as utilizing it for a specific number of devices, response services and endpoint protection detection, and remote management of endpoints. It prevents threats in real-time and offers a free trial.
- It provides several-layered protection with endpoint response and detection for Windows.
- Whether you are using an Android, Mac, or Windows, it is capable of shutting down the attack vectors from all angles.
- It effectively and efficiently cleans up infected devices.
- It protects from malware through the usage of application hardening, behavior matching, and anomaly detection.
This tool not only detects cyber threats and alerts about them but blocks, reimburses, and restores them as well. It is an all-in-one solution for protecting your online privacy, devices, and identity. The cyber software employs identity restoration agents to resolve ID theft issues. Additionally, it blocks your information through a secure VPN on public Wi-Fi. It alerts you of any security issues through your mobile app, email, text, or phone. It has live member support that is available 24*7. Small as well as large businesses can benefit from it.
- It has a privacy monitor.
- It alerts you if a crime is committed in your name.
- It offers cloud backup for ad-tracker blockers, parental control, and virus protection to enhance device security.
- It also provides features of fictitious identity monitoring, id verification monitoring, and dark web monitoring.
It provides its users with a great security solution from just one endpoint. It allows security and IT teams to easily stop breaches by providing them with remediation, patch management, and security scanning in one console from the cloud. Monitoring, detecting, and closing attack vectors in a single console by an automatic collaboration of security and IT teams are unprecedented.
- It quarantines the device and kills the malicious processes before they can spread by isolating the endpoint and cutting off the internet communication of the infected devices.
- It automatically uploads Windows 10 features and deploys third-party patches and operating systems.
- It also scans antivirus status, security implementation, and authorization issues to detect vulnerabilities and prevent cyber attacks.
Splunk Enterprise Security
A complete and efficient host and network intrusion detection system, Splunk Enterprise Security is one of the best cyber security tools available in the market. It performs real-time reporting, responding, and monitoring of threats and has log search capabilities that are highly indexed. It is scalable as it is a cloud-based solution. It is an all-in-one solution of the SIEM tool for managed service providers.
- The cyber software includes a comprehensive set of tools for integrated reporting.
- It employs log event archiving and log correlation features.
- It employs event management and security information features.
- Its threat intelligence gets continuously updated and upgraded.
The above-mentioned cyber security tools provide a basis for more secure and protected operations. Some other efficient cyber security tools include:
- Norton security
- Bitdefender total security
Further blogs within this Cyber Security Tools category.