Cloud Computing Technologies
Have you grown tired of the average office environment? Do you want to clearly see the difference you’re making in the world through your work? Do you want to have not just the responsibility but ownership of your projects; so that you can take pride in your undertakings?
If you’d like to work in an environment that balances learning opportunities with teaching and support, Cloud Computing Technologies is just the place for you. We believe in empowering individuals to take the helm and manage their own projects while being given all the support they need from the organization. As a part of the Cloud Computing Tech family, you’ll not only find many opportunities to grow, but guidance to go along with them every step of the way. Before we get into the specifics of the opportunity, a little bit about us
About the Company
Cloud Computing Technologies has been designing, deploying, maintaining, and improving cloud-based solutions for clients around the globe for the past two decades. We’ve worked on multiple scales, from SMEs to government contracts, and we’ve implemented a variety of solutions for a variety of purposes. We have constantly looked to revamp and reevaluate our tool-set at every step of the way, with a proactive approach to the future being a core tenet of our corporate identity.
Our team has always been our greatest asset, and we are proud to have an abundance of talented professionals powering us forward. With offices in Arizona, Massachusetts, California, Colorado, Washington D.C., our people are spread out across five states but work with great cohesion and purpose to maintain a collaborative effort. Coming into work is optional, so there’s always the option to work from home, yet you’ll never find the office empty.
That has a lot to do with the culture and the environment we like to maintain around the office. Think less grey walls, strict rules, and a dress code, and more along the lines of a creative workspace designed to make working as easy as it could be. We’re not about cubicles or 9-to-5 grinds; we’re about ownership and initiative. The ability to work independently is a must, as is an ability to communicate effectively.
Once you get used to it, the end result is a person who knows exactly what they need to do when they walk in to work. And if they’re ever at a loss, someone else steps in to lend a hand. You work independently, but never in isolation. Every day brings its own challenges, and its own rewards, and by opening yourself up to a variety of tasks, you get to develop your skillsets in a unique way to our environment.
About the Opportunity
We’re currently looking for an AWS Certified Enterprise Software Engineer to help proactively manage and maintain oversight over existing and ongoing projects. In this role, it’ll be your job to assess new roll-outs, customer needs, and software capabilities to see if there’s ever an improvement to be made or one that’s suddenly been made possible by a new update. In doing so, you’ll be directly impacting our use of the AWS ecosystem of technologies; and influencing the solutions, we provide to all of our customers.
If you have experience designing and architecting AWS solutions and an eye for troubleshooting, then this opportunity is right up your alley. You’ll be on the bleeding edge of AWS architectural development, influencing not just the lives of customers but the tool-sets that AWS developers work with.
- As an AWS Certified Enterprise Software Engineer, you will:
- Build Infrastructure as Code and DevOps tooling
- Build and roll out systems to clients around the world
- Audit existing software suites with a mind to improve efficiency or quality
- Work with clients to identify customer needs, and work with our development team to meet customer needs
- Monitor Amazon’s own rollout of improvements and enhancements to their services to ensure our systems are optimal given the present state of the AWS ecosystem
- Design and develop new solutions, and build them from the ground up
- Identify compliance and governance needs as they arise to ensure everything is kept up to code
- Work with a wide range of technologies, and be aware of the tradeoffs between competing products
- Work with a variety of platforms to achieve a variety of customer goals.
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, or a related field
- Strong coding skills, including extensive experience with C/C#, Python, or Ruby.
- Experience deploying large-scale projects
- Experience with a Linux/UNIX-based OS
- Experience building high-performance, highly-available and scalable systems.
- Experience with network components
- AWS Certified Solutions Architect (Professional Level)
Beyond these basic requirements, it’d be extremely beneficial for you to have any of the following:
- Extensive experience with different stages of the Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC), including code reviews, source control management, testing, and DevOps
- Experience working with AWS platforms and services under production workload
- Strong troubleshooting and debugging skills to quickly resolve issues on the fly
- In-depth understanding of network essentials, including software, communications protocols, and routing
- In-depth understanding of Object-oriented principles and their application through one of the above-stated programming languages.
- A strong sense of ownership
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong program and product management skills.
We offer a well-rounded and exciting compensation package, complete with the following benefits:
- Vision, dental and health insurance
- Market competitive salary
- Five weeks of paid time off
- Stock options
- A new laptop of your choosing
In addition to all of the above, you’ll have the option to work flexible hours; we’ll even accommodate a four-day week. You can also choose to work from home or come in, and you’ll have access to a self-care allowance and an on-site counselor as well. We pride ourselves on our inclusivity, so you’ll find yourself in a vibrant environment filled with people from all walks of life. If you’d like to learn more about this opening or any of the others we have on offer, please take a look at our careers page.
If interested in looking at other positions, you may want to consider AWS Certified Principal Software Engineer.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com