Cloud Computing Technologies
Does the idea of a stable, mundane workday put you off? Are you the sort of person who thrives in a challenging, fast-paced work environment? Do you want your career’s worth to be measured in terms of the quality of your most complex assignments instead of the number of your ordinary ones? Does the idea of a flexible job description that has you tackling a different sort of task every day excite you?
If your answer to any of those four questions was a resounding “YES!” then we’d like to throw an opportunity your way. Cloud Computing Technologies is on the hunt for an AWS DevOps Engineer, and if you’ve got the technical chops that fit the role, we’d love to have you! But before we start telling you what we want from you, why don’t we tell you a little bit about ourselves first.
Cloud Computing Technologies is a cloud solutions provider that’s been working with cloud-based technologies for just about as long as they’ve been around. We’ve handled tasks at every level, from systems architecture design, development, and deployment, to large scale migration, integration, and up-scaling projects, as well as robust and dynamic solutions design. We’ve been around for a while, and handled a great variety of tasks, is what we’re saying, and now we’re looking to add to our team with a mind to face the future head-on!
If you drop by any one of our offices in Arizona, Massachusetts, California, Colorado, Washington D.C., you’ll likely witness a small team of dedicated professionals buzzing about the place, working, talking or just planning out their days. What you won’t see is a bunch of people sitting amidst grey walls at their desks bored out of their minds – we’re not about that life. We want to empower tomorrow’s leading professionals, and we wouldn’t be able to do that if we clung to the idea of a classical office environment.
We’re all about flexibility within the workspace, and that flexibility isn’t limited to just the choice to work from home or from the office. We believe that the office should be a place that welcomes you, and in doing so, brings out the best of your latent creative and innovative talents. It’s a place you enjoy being at and a place that helps you be the best you can be.
Every day brings its own challenges and its own rewards. Sometimes people come in, and sometimes they stay at home. Our one constant is the positivity we try to maintain around the workplace environment, even when that environment extends to your home workspace.
Now that we’ve told you who we are, what we do, and how we do it, let’s get to what we’ll need from you. To start:
The Broad Strokes | General Requirements
- Product and Product support experience
- Experience with DBMS/RDBMS skill-sets, as well as knowledge of Data warehousing software
- Ability to read, interpret, and communicate complex technical information and guidelines.
- Strong communication skills; ability to communicate ideas in an effective, concise and articulate manner.
- At least a basic understanding of business operations from a mission-critical, high-value perspective.
- Should have a good understanding of ITIL processes, operations support and ticketing tools.
- Experience in database administration and implementation of DB related scripts/jobs.
- Experience with Amazon Redshift (certification is a bonus!)
- Experience with DWH and DBMS analytics, including but not limited to SQL analysis and Redshift and Aurora PostgreSQL RDS.
- Knowledge of the AWS service offering, including at least an intermediate understanding of EC2 and S3 Storage.
- Familiarity with multiple cloud communications technologies including VPC, Transit Gateway, Peering, IAM, Security Group, EC2, S3, AWS API Gateway, Athena, AWS Route 53, and Glue.
- Experience with the Redshift Architecture, including setting up a Redshift cluster from scratch, and snapshot creation
- Extensive knowledge of cloud security essentials, including Identity, Access Management and Cloud infrastructure security.
- Hands-on experience in loading data, running complex queries, performance tuning.
- Hands-on experience in configuring monitoring of AWS Redshift clusters, automated reporting of alerts, auditing & logging.
- Expertise in debugging and analytical.
- An understanding of database and performance tuning in AWS
- Any prior experience with Oracle, Teradata, and Big Data Architecture is a bonus that can help push you ahead of other applicants.
Roles & Responsibilities
- Redshift Cluster Planning from start, including planning out the choice of the cluster, and analyzing the needs of particular use cases in detail, including bench-marking for specific resources like CPU usage and storage and I/O requirements.
- Cluster Administration: Maintaining an oversight role over cluster operations, including managing whichever data structure is in use (Database/Warehouse/Data Lake). Supplementing the efforts of programmers and suggesting improvements, and foreseeing problems.
- Cluster Maintenance: Data Cleanup, Troubleshooting, User on-boarding, and error diagnostics
- Cluster monitoring: Configuring automated alerts, overseeing CloudWatch, and suggesting improvements to better the overall oversight process.
- Cluster security: Implementing and ensuring adherence to a hierarchy, defining and implementing user roles and access protocols
Additionally, you should be able to:
- Work with Data Integration Engineers to migrate data from a variety of source platforms. The target platform, in most cases, will be Redshift.
- Work independently with minimal oversight.
- Work with ownership and handle issues without breaching Service Level Agreements.
- Work closely with the engineering team and support team to implement new use cases.
- Debug issues that come up daily and report them appropriately through the ticketing system.
For all of the above, we’re offering a market competitive salary and benefits package, complete with flexible hours and workdays (including the option to work a four day week), the freedom to work from home or the office, gym and auto allowance, medical and dental, and five weeks of paid leave a year. If you feel like you’d be the right fit for the job, and more importantly, that we’d be the right fit for you, give us a call or drop us your resume.
If interested in looking at other positions, you may want to consider Senior AWS Cloud Architect.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com